Makassar Lounge & Restaurant
39, avenue de Wagram 75017 Paris 17ème - French Restaurant - World Food Restaurant - from 30€ to 60€
1 free meal
Why go there?
For the exotic setting of the Makassar, a name inspired from South Indonesia, nestled in the heart of the very select Hotel Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe.
For its lounge atmosphere, its precious parquet-floor, its cosy couches decorated with red cushions, its illuminated bar and its terrace made of teak wood.
For the original dishes full of flavours, cooked by the chef Louis José Bangar, native of the Indian ocean. For the Makassar's unusual cocktails and its delicious brunches on sundays.
A businessman from the Emirates who is staying at the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe.
Businessmen for lunch, American guests of the hotel, TV celebrities such as Nikos Aliagas et José Garcia ; and actors like Mathilda May, Axelle Laffont, Samuel Le Bihan...
Lumpia Goreng, a brick pastry, sliced chicken, soy, carots, peanut sauce (12€) ; Nasi Goreng Saté Asam, caramelized prok brochettes, pan-fried rice (24€) ; Satay Lilit, sea bream mousseline on citronella sticks, with Indonesian style vegetables (25€) ; and for dessert, a Madagascar vanilla-flavoured crème brûlée.
Lalande Pomerol AOC Château of Bel-air (48€).
The couches in the lounge bar ; the Sulawesi, the chef's table for a meal of ten guests, behind Indonesian folding screens ; and of course, the patio settled in a courtyard, on sunny days.
- Goat cheese Pie - 13 €
- Tartare of Daurade Fish in Basil, and Fresh Herbs - 15 €
- Scampi Tails roasted, Aspargus, Salad Dressing - 17 €
- Duck Foie gras home made, Artichoke Tartare with Nuts - 19 €
- Fillet of Plaice and Apples Lukewarm Roseval, Dressing Truffle Oil - 23 €
- Chicken with crispy skin Challans, small Pickled turnips and Broad Beans - 24 €
- Fried St. Jacques, Risoto with Green and White Asparagus - 27 €
- Beef Sirloin Grilled with Fries and Béarnaise Salad - 29 €
- Creme brulee with Vanilla from Madagascar - 9 €
- Bavarois like an Irish Coffee - 9 €
- Melon Soup, Muscat Wine Sorbet - 9 €
- Chocolat Cake and Carambar, Guimauve Ice cream - 10 €
Here is an extract from the restaurant's menu. Menus may change according to the market and season.
Choose the Restopolitan Card
The Restopolitan Card gives you a meal in hundreds of partner restaurants, such as
18, rue Bayen, 75017 Paris 17ème
1, rue Rennequin, 75017 Paris 17ème