Oum El Banine
16 bis, rue Dufresnoy 75016 Paris 16ème - Moroccan Restaurant - Hallal Restaurant - from 30€ to 60€
1 free meal
Why go there?
To get to know Oum El Banine, a wealthy heiress of the IXth century who devoted her colossal fortune to the creation of the oldest university of the Arabic world, the Kerouanine in Fès.
For the Oriental folklore of Oum El Banine, who welcomes chic gourmets of Passy district, at a stone's throw from La Muette, between blue velvet and Moroccan lanterns.
For the typical cuisine of Morocco cooked by Ahmed Termidi, who can talk for hours about his specialities !
A fan of luxury cruises.
Show-business celebrities, politicians, and managers.
Carrot and cumin salad (10€) ; Pieds Noirs Couscous with spicy sausages and doughboys (23€) ; Prune and almond tajine (23€) ; and for dessert, a creamy pastilla (13€)or the beghir, two crepes sprinkled with honey and almonds (10€).
A bottle of Guerrouane wine.
The round tables in a corner of Oum El Banine, or the rotunda covered with mosaic, for a romantic tête-à-tête.
- Chekchouka (Salad cooked with grilled Pepper and Tomatoes) - 11 €
- Zaalouk Eggplant (Eggplant Caviar) - 11 €
- Briouates with Spicy meat Vegetables and Cheese - 11 €
- Tagines with Prunes and Almonds - 23 €
- Couscous Fassi (Lamb or Chicken with Onions and Dried Raisin) - 24 €
- Chouâ of Souk (Skewered Lamb, Poultry, and Merguez Sausage - 25 €
- Orange Cinnamon with its Horn of Gazelle - 10 €
- Beghrir with Honey (Hot Pancakes served with Honey and Almonds) - 10 €
- Creamy Pastilla (Pie with its sauce of Almond Milk) - 13 €
Here is an extract from the restaurant's menu. Menus may change according to the market and season.
Choose the Restopolitan Card
The Restopolitan Card gives you a meal in hundreds of partner restaurants, such as
77, rue Boissière, 75016 Paris 16ème
47, av Raymond Poincaré, 75016 Paris 16ème