57 avenue Maréchal Foch 10280 Fontaine Les Gres - Bistrot Gourmand Restaurant - less than 30€
1 free meal
Why go there?
For the story of La Popote, settled at the edge of Troyes : a name that recalls the time when this building used to shelter La Popote, the famous canteen of the factory Doré Doré.
For the authentic cachet of La Popote, its beautiful Norman-style front, its woodworks full of character, and its antique tiled-floor.
For its few pictures that recount Fontaine Les Grès's history.
For the restaurant's traditional French cuisine, livened up by some of the chef's contemporary creations.
For Franck's winelist : La Popote's oenologist is very good at finding famous Burgundy wines produced by small winegrowers.
For the events set up by La Popote every last friday of the month, such as wine tastings.
With a good-food lover who won't give up when it come to the dessert !
Fontaine-les-Grés's mayor and local politicians, the humorist Raphaël Mezrahi who grew up in Troyes ; but also couples and salesmen.
Orange scallops tartare, with green apples and espelette pepper (10,95 €) ; honey-iced duck fillet with sesame seeds and a wok of crunchy vegetables (17,95 €) ; sweetbread (23 €) ; flambéed norwegian omelette with Cointreau (6,95 €).
A mellow Uby, from Gascogne (20 €).
Book table n°9 for a lively meal among friends. For a quiet dinner, ask for one of the tables for two settled in each corner of the dining-room.
- Terrine of foie gras mi-cuit house, gingerbread ice -
- Tartare de Saint-Jacques, Orange and Green Apple at Pepper Espelettee -
- Mellow Chicken with Coriander, Mesclun and Beet Coulis -
- Foie Gras "Maison" (supplément de 3€) -
- Fillet of Beef Rossini, Potatoes with Lemon, Olive Roasted Rosemary -
- Fillet of duck glazed with honey and sesame, crispy stir-fried vegetables -
- Filet de Boeuf, à notre Façon, Purée Maison & Jus de Viande Corsé -
- Filet de Canard & sa poêlée de Champignons & Pommes de Terre Rôties -
- Chocolate Cake and Hazelnut, Vanilla Ice -
- Pineapple Carpaccio , Passion Coulis and Coconut Sorbet -
- Norwegian Omelette home made, blazed in cointreau -
- Envolée de Profiteroles "Maison" sauce Chocolat -
Here is an extract from the restaurant's menu. Menus may change according to the market and season.
Choose the Restopolitan Card
The Restopolitan Card gives you a meal in hundreds of partner restaurants, such as
5, rue Salin, 51100 Reims
35, rue Buirette, 51100 Reims